Please note - If the certificate is for the purpose of marriage, please fill in the form at marriage suitability. The Jewish identity form will not be accepted
The following is the list of items that are required in order to issue a Te’udat Yahadut v'Ravakut (Certificate of Jewish Identity and/or Singleness). This process usually takes around 2-3 weeks, but can vary depending on the necessary research that may need to be undertaken.
All documentation should be scanned and emailed
Please explain the reason if you are unable to supply any of the necessary documentation. We will need to schedule a brief interview with you.
There may be a need to schedule interviews with other members of your family. These interviews can take place via video conference.
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to be in contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org There is a $150 fee per applicant. The fee is for administration purposes, and is non refundable. Payment can be made on line.
- A copy of your passport or driver’s license
- A copy of your full birth certificate
- One selfie head shot for the certificate
Verification of Jewish Status
- A letter from an orthodox rabbi that is well acquainted with your family and who can confirm that you are Jewish
- A copy of your parent's Ketuba
- Any other documents or items that can confirm your Jewishness (examples would be a diploma from a Jewish day school, grandparents' burial records from a Jewish cemetery, pictures of tombstones or letters from family members describing Jewish practices, among other things)
- If any of your siblings have been married in an orthodox ceremony a copy of their Ketuba