The following is the list of items that are required in order to issue a Te’udat Yahadut v'Ravakut (Certificate of Jewish Identity and/or Singleness). This process usually takes around 2-3 weeks, but can vary depending on the necessary research that may need to be undertaken.
All documentation should be scanned and emailed
Please explain the reason if you are unable to supply any of the necessary documentation. We will need to schedule a brief interview with you. There may be a need to schedule interviews with other members of your family. These interviews can take place via video conference.
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to be in contact via email. There is a $100 fee per applicant. Payment can be made on line.
- A copy of your passport or driver’s license
- A copy of your full birth certificate
- Proof of residence
- If you are Israeli, a copy of your Te'udat Zehut
- One passport sized picture (preferably digital picture)
Verification of Jewish Status
- A family tree going back at least 3 generations (that is, at least to your grandparents' generation). Please provide as many details as you can--such as birth dates, places of birth and death, places of residence, siblings etc.--especially about your mother's side
- A copy of your mother's birth certificate
- A letter from a rabbi that is well acquainted with your family and who can confirm that you are Jewish
- A copy of your parent's ketuba
- Any other documents or items that can confirm your Jewishness (examples would be a diploma from a Jewish day school, grandparents' burial records from a Jewish cemetery, or letters from family members describing Jewish practices, among other things)
- If any of your siblings have been married in an orthodox ceremony a copy of their ketuba
Verification of Single Status
- I will need notarized letters from two friends. The letter should contain the following information.
- How long the friend has known you;
- That the friend knows that you are single and have never been married
- The friend's address
- The friend's telephone number
- We require these 2 letters to be notarized - it is insufficient for them just to be signed. Please also bear in mind that we may call the individuals who write your letters to follow up.